Thank you to Chip of Corbin Fisher for allowing us fans to ask Dawson some questions. Thank you to fellow porn fans who sent questions - Alias74, Russel, Raymond, Jeremy, Bo, Oneyka, Stephen, Visak, Nicholas, Campbell, Dave, Peter, and H.C.
1. What were your motivations for starting in porn... and how have they changed over the years?
Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine I would end up in front of a camera on a porn set. I sorta fell into it not knowing what the outcome would be. At first it was more about putting a few extra bucks in the bank. Now, 6 years later, I try to keep the fans happy with continuing to push my comfort zone and try new things. The fans are my motivation to stay on-camera.
2. Connor is actively involved behind the scenes at CF... are you employed in a similar capacity? If not, do you have aspirations to edit, direct, handle a camera?
CF has included me in many of the behind the scenes duties over the years. There's always something to do here at the office and I'm the kind of guy who likes to help out anywhere I can.
3. Do you ever play with the other models to do a practice run while not being filmed for fun?
It's a big no-no for us to sneak off to take care of any sexual urges during a shoot. That's why a good portion of our scenes get so intense because sometimes unknown chemistry begins to develop between scene partners and the scenes are our only chance to really explore that.
4. Are you top or bottom? Does it still hurt being a bottom?
Man, it really depends on the day. Sometimes I just really feel like fucking, HARD! And, other times I feel bit more submissive. I've gotten used to it over the years and have developed an appreciation for bottoming, more that I ever thought I would!
5. Did you have an interest in feet prior to joining the CF family? Of the feet you tasted at CF, which one is your favorite?
Ewww!!! Feet??? I never gave a person's foot a second thought. At least not until I started with CF. I have a newfound love for feet on both men and women now. It really freaks girls out at first when I start sucking and licking their toes! Although, not one has asked me to stop ;). I'm not too picky nor choosy when it comes to feet. I'm used to guys running around outside barefoot before a scene. A little sandy grit in the mouth never hurt anyone, right? I'm sorta dirty like that anyhow!
6. Of all the cum you tasted, which one tasted finger lickin' good?
Such a dirty yet personal question! I've tasted all sorts (obviously). My favorite is probably Connor or Lucas'.
7. If you could do it all over again, would you still go into porn?
Absolutely! Not because of the reasons most people would assume either. I have learned so much over the last 6+ years from making the choices I did that I wouldn't trade them for anything. I've also learned a lot more about myself - this in itself is worth more than anything.
8. Thoughts about bareback? Creampies? How do you respond to those who say that seeing young and beautiful men like the Corbin Fisher guys doing bareback promotes irresponsibility and the rise of the spread of STD's. One porn performer recently said that bareback work (not CF, but BB in general) was a "slap in the face to the gay community"....
Oooo... The ole hot-button question. We here at CF have the most stringent STD testing of any adult company in existence. If we were not this way, I wouldn't be working here. My health and future far surpass any wealth, popularity, or fun to be gained by working in the adult industry. The sex we have on set is in a way the safest sex I could have, anywhere. There is risk associated with nearly every thing we do in life. It's how we manage it that keeps us safe.
9. For the record, discuss your sexuality.
This is another topic that is debated heavily among fans and viewers of our stuff. I've always liked girls and still do. I remember tearing out pictures of attractive and sporty-looking women from magazines and jerking off to them as soon as I got home. When my family finally setup the internet on our computer... OMG! It was crazy how often I jerked off to photos of women. Most of the photos were not even of naked girls either! I like the sporty & athletic type. That said, I appreciate men and their masculine bodies. CF gives me that outlet to explore the other side of me where I won't be judged, taken advantage of, and can just enjoy myself.
10. Are you married? Does your family and close friends know about your porn work? What was their reaction?
I am not married. I have a steady girlfriend whom I currently live with. It's still very new, but things are going swell thus far. EVERYONE knows about my adult work. For the people in my life who didn't know, it was just a matter of time before they found out. I grew up in a very small town back in the Midwest where homosexuals were ostracized and made out to be no-good. I never thought this was fair, but it wasn't until I started working at CF that I realized how shitty that close-minded mentality really is. My entire family is very supportive and 100% on-board with what I do. I'm truly thankful for their support, as I know many people struggle with acceptance every day.
11. Without ruining any sort of confidentiality or anything, but what's 'day to day' Dawson like....what do you do when you're not filming? Career and hobby wise?
I work with CF on a daily basis and have a couple other projects in the works. I've always been a bit of an entrepreneur and once that bug bites you, it's hard to make it quit. I stay in the gym as much as I can. Usually 5-6 days a week for an hour or so. I like going out to meet new people and do often meet fans! It's always a pleasure meeting someone who is familiar with the website while I'm out and about. I appreciate the feedback I sometimes get and it boosts my motivation to stay in front of the camera.
12. By now we know that you are recognized in public, tell us your BEST/SWEETEST fan interaction and your WEIRDEST/SCARIEST interaction (because we gotta believe there are some Alex Forrest's out there)....
Gosh, it happens on a regular basis. It's such a neat experience too! Midwestern farm boy gone internationally-recognized porn star! How neat!? Truth be known though, I'm just another regular guy and that's what I tell anyone who comes up to me. There's nothing about me personally that makes me better than anyone else. I just get naked on camera and fuck for the whole world to see! hee hee There have been so many sweet and very generous fans that I've met over the years that it'd be hard to single just one out. I've never necessarily had a "bad experience" with a fan. Maybe that super-long, awkward leering stare I sometimes get from people. Or when someone watches me eat while at a restaurant!... Ugh
13. Of all the men you've had sex with on the site, is there any one (like Lucas?) that you might have felt would have been "the guy" if you were gay and looking for a partner?
It would be tough to say because I appreciate a physically-fit, athletic body. Coupled with a stellar charismatic and witty personality, is what I would look for. I can think of 3 or so guys right now who fit the bill, with Lucas being one of them.
14. What's the future of Dawson at CF? Can we hope that Dawson will be around at CF for the next year at least (my subscription relies on his presence).
Awww quit it! You're making me blush. I'll stay in front of the camera as long as people still want to see me. I realize I can't please every one, which is a shame, but that's how life is. Different strokes for different folks as they say. It's people like you, sir, who keep me motivated. I greatly appreciate your loyalty to CF and your kind words. Both mean a lot to me.
15. What are your post-porn career plans? Do you have a degree, or are you working on one? Personally, I think you'd clean-up as a personal trainer in WeHo or the Castro.
I really hate to think of moving on from camera work and CF. I consider everyone I work with as family. We've all been through so much together and watched our company grow and prosper with the help of our fans and viewers. Time will tell and we'll cross that bridge when it comes. Like I mentioned before, the entrepreneur bug bit me a while ago and it's what I went to school for, so I'll most likely put that to good use! Thank you! It was a pleasure sir!
Again, thank you Corbin Fisher.